My go-to side dish right here. Seriously, these NEVER get old. If I had to choose one meal to make every night, I couldn’t say exactly what it would be, but I do know it would include THESE POTATOES (plus a whole grain roll because I love my carbs). And this is coming from someone who is obsessed with not eating the same thing two times in a row.
Simple golden or mixed baby potatoes are tossed with ultra-flavorful herbs de Provence, dijon, fresh garlic, and olive oil (garlic-infused if you have any!), then roasted to crispy perfection. Topped off with melty smoked gouda, these are really hard to beat.
Steaming the potatoes for about 10 minutes before roasting makes for an amazing texture. They’re already partially tender, so in the oven they crisp up on the outside and become melt-in-your-mouth on the inside!
Look for mixed colors for an extra nutritional and flavor boost; but if you can’t find them, baby goldens are fabulous on their own as well!
After tossing with all the yummy flavors, just throw them in the oven at 425º for about 20 minutes. So easy!
Freshly shredded smoked gouda takes these to the next level. But if you can’t find any, fontina and smoked mozzarella are both great options as well. You really can’t go wrong with melty cheeeeeeese. 🙂
From special occasions to busy weeknights, these make the PERFECT no-fail side dish.
Pictured is this Maple Bourbon Salmon and asparagus tossed with EVOO, salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice. One-pan roasted dinner for the win!
Pictures above are just for one serving. Recipe below is for two! (Each person gets lots 😉 )
- 296 g golden or mixed baby potatoes
- 1 tsp EVOO*
- 1/2 tsp freshly minced garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon
- ~1/2 tsp dried herbs de Provence
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 20 g shredded smoked gouda**
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh chives (opt.)
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Chop potatoes into bite-sized pieces (about fourths). Place a steamer basket in a saucepan and add water up to the basket. Bring to a light boil, add potatoes, cover, and steam 10 minutes. (If no steamer, you can boil the potatoes whole about 10 minutes, then remove and chop.)
- Transfer potatoes to a mixing bowl, and add EVOO*, fresh garlic, Dijon, herbs de Provence, and salt/pepper to taste. Toss well until combined.
- Spread onto a baking sheet lined with nonstick foil (or a lightly greased a baking sheet). Roast about 20 minutes, or until golden crisp.
- Sprinkle potatoes with cheese** and chives. Return to warm oven for about a minute to finish melting the cheese if necessary.
- *Use a high-quality olive oil. For extra flavor, garlic-infused olive oil tastes fabulous here
- **If you can't find a high quality smoked gouda, try fontina or smoked mozzarella. Per usual, the cheese is best freshly shredded.