Super quick. Super easy. Super yummy. And the ways to enjoy it are endless! On a sandwich, wrap, panini, salad, toast; with crackers, veggies, homemade chips; on a plate for yourself or a platter for a party…
Hummus is great, but this stuff is AMAZING and ridiculously easy to make with only a few simple ingredients. Mashed cannelini/great northern beans tend to have a creamier texture on their own than mashed chickpeas, so this comes together more easily without any tahini OR EVEN A FOOD PROCESSOR–just mash and mix, and you’re ready to go with an ultra-creamy and flavorful spread!
(Of course, you can use a food processor if you like, especially for larger batches, but I usually just go for the elbow grease method to save a little hassle and clean-up.)
I’ve been making single servings of this recipe for years to go with my lunch, and cannot get enough. Here on the side of this balsamic strawberry chicken salad with Kashi Roasted Veggie TLC crackers. Winner!
- 1 cup canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp EVOO*
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tsp dried Italian herbs**
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Mash beans very well with a fork, until pasty.*** Add remaining ingredients and continue mashing together until smooth.
- Serve with crackers, veggies, or as a spread on a wrap or sandwich. Enjoy!
- *I use a Tuscan herb-infused olive oil.
- **You can also use finely chopped fresh herbs like basil and/or parsley.
- ***I like to do this in a small plastic Tupperware, or make a single serving (1/8 recipe) right on my plate. Alternatively, you can puree in a food processor.